Services offered using this site are generally not covered by health insurance, Medicare or Medicaid.
Coverage and benefits for traditional therapy and counseling services change from one health insurance Company to another and from plan to plan, but generally the following rules apply:
With many health insurance plans, coverage can be partial or very limited.
Even if your plan covers all your costs, the co-pay that you would be required to contribute may be higher than the entire cost of UDGAM online counselling.
In many cases, before you can get reimbursed by your insurance company, your therapist would have to diagnose you with a mental disorder or issue. This diagnosis would be sent to the insurance company and recorded in your medical file. In some cases the therapist would also have to provide additional clinical information to the insurance company, such as treatment plans, summaries or copies of the entire record.
If you consider using your health insurance, please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
- Please note that UDGAM online counselling offers very affordable pricing options which are typically comparable with the co-pays of most insurance plans.